The conveyor system works as the backbone of any manufacturing concern. The conveyor system undoubtedly adds life to the manufacturing process and increases the production output. But again, it is not without its cons. Yes, looking into details the benefits of the conveyor system is more than its drawbacks but still, you have it upkeep the conveyor system to make it work for your business. There are a few cons and more pros of the conveyor system, some are mentioned below;
- Efficiency: The conveyor system increases production and output efficiency. The products can be placed on the conveyor belt and they will move from one point to another on their own. Putting the products on the conveyor belts is more efficient as it will keep the product from falling and you can also keep the product clean by using the conveyor belt cleaners, as they are used to keep the conveyor belt cleaner. The conveyor belt cleaner helps to further improve the efficiency because if the conveyor belts are not clean that can cause the problem in the machinery of the conveyor system, for example, conveyor belt pulleys.
- Reduce Cost: Due to the conveyor system, the process cost reduces significantly because there will be less labour and more you can achieve in less time, so the process cost reduces significantly. This is the prime reason that people go conveyor system as they want to make their products more cost-efficient.
- Lean operations: The conveyor belt is the automation of the material movement in any process, automation means there will be less hindrance during the process. The leaner the process, the more efficient it gets. Conveyor system results in leaner operations and processes.
- Expensive: No doubt, the conveyor system is expensive. Smaller businesses cannot afford them easily, the first-time investment is quite high plus you also have to spend a good amount of money on its repairs and maintenance. Like it is common that you have to replace conveyor belt pulleys frequently and you need conveyor belt cleaners, to keep the conveyor belt up and running. The investment at the time of installation is not only because of the conveyor system but also, you have to make many adjustments in the area where it will be installed. You might carry out civil works or move your current machinery to other areas, to make space for the conveyor system. You will be saving money in the long run but at the time of installation, it will give a massive hit to your budget
- High maintenance: It doesn’t mean you have installed it once then you don’t have to spend further on it. You need to take care of the conveyor system for its efficient performance. The parts replaced like conveyor belts or conveyor belt pulley is common. You must have conveyor belt cleaners to keep your conveyor belt clean, as if they were not cleaned properly, they can damage the other machinery parts. For more info, please log on to http://completebelting.com.au/.